Habitica is a game to help you improve real life habits. It “gamifies” your life by turning all your tasks (habits, dailies, and to-do’s) into monsters you have to conquer. Obsidian Portal is a tool used to organize campaign settings. The plan, here, is to build a world and house that information on this web site. Using Habitica to complete tasks and help our community reach their goals your quests can have more context and may even become more dangerous.
How does this tie into the campaign?
The idea is to have each player contribute their own lore to this world. That can be accomplished by creating a character sheet with a backstory, adding to the wiki or adventure log. I found a map that seemed cool and now we’re building a world around said map. To participate:
- Habitica players will join the guild.
- Provide an email address or Obsidian username for an invitation to this campaign.
- Create a character sheet. (ex: Mun Ewy) Feel free to add a backstory, some sort of motivation for your character.
- Feel free to add/edit any content in the wiki to build more life into this world.
- Players may also write “Adventure Logs”. It’s sort of a blog while adventuring.
Success with Habitica
- Make sure you center all of your To-Do’s, Habits, and Dailies around things that take actual willpower and discipline to do. One task at a time, this will help you rewire your mind and build your self discipline.
- Keep things simple. Having a huge and crowded habit list, to do list, and daily list will do close to nothing towards building your self discipline. Keeping things simplified and looking at the 24 hours ahead of you will help you to tackle what you need to tackle. Remember, everyone makes mistakes sometimes.
Find a comprehensive guide to getting started.